Saturday, October 25, 2008

first post

I have decided to begin a blog, to help me be more accountable for my spending, and to have a venue to share the multitude of deals I find:)

I am a homeschooling mom of 3 boys, married to an Executive Chef, and our household is also home to 3 dogs and 2 cockatiels. I enjoy teaching my boys all the "book" learning things... And consider life skills to be just as important. It is my goal to teach my boys how to live life to the fullest, for the least amount of money possible. What an amazing gift my boys will be to their wives someday:)

Previously, my weekly food budget has been $125, with an additional $40 set aside to misc expenses. The first week in Oct, I dropped it to $100 total for everything, w/ a goal of $50 being spent total...2 out of the 3 past weeks, I have managed to spend a total of $50 (yes, this includes pet food, cleaning supplies). My goal, is to keep my weekly spending to a consistent $50 week. I need to do this so I can pay down cc debt, cc debt feels like a hammer about to drop! I spend $50, and save around $200+ every week. I shop at publix, kroger, ingles, cvs, target and walgreens. I go where the deals are:)

No comments: